Monday, December 14, 2009

World Press Photo Exhibition (Cultural)

The World Press Photo Exhibition is being held in Barcelona between November 11 and December 13. It is being held at the Contemporary Culture Center in Barcelona.

Here I have seen some of the most intruiging and moving photographs in my life. On display are photos such in war zones, sporting events and everyday lives in different countries around the world. One of the photographers in my opinion was head and shoulders above the rest.

My favorite photographs I have seen here were by Walter Astrada. He has captured photographs of the conflict in Kenya. I find it amazing how he gets so close to all of the violence and gruesome events to capture these vivid images. He truely is risking his life doing a hobby that he loves and moving all of the audiences that view his pictures.

Here are some of my favorite images by Astrada. The first is of a Kenyan boy who is yelling for his life from a police officer. The next is of a child who is shooting a bow and arrow and running to revolt. The last is of a man who is getting stomped in the face and you can see the agony and fear in his eyes. Astrada's vivid photographs truely made this gallery visit for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment