Monday, December 14, 2009

Holmes Place Gym (Leisure)

This gym is where I spend a great deal of time during my stay in Barcelona. I go basically every day except when I’m traveling. Here I get to stay fit during my stay so I can take care of my body. It also keeps me in shape for lacrosse season in the spring when I return home. This is a great place to let off steam and take your mind of things while you are here. It gives you a place to be so you aren’t cooped up in these little apartments. There are many differences to this gym and my gym at home. Here there aren’t as many free weights used and are more cardio machines and cable machines. I think it is partly because in the United States, people try to model themselves after football or basketball players, so there is more of a demand for free weights. In Barcelona, people model themselves after soccer players, so they try to be lean and fit, which means they need more of these cardio machines. Also, Holmes place is more of a gym and a spa. People are there to give you towels and wash them, and this locker room also has a tanning facility in it. It is much more of a fancy place than my gym at home. There you just go and lift, shower and leave. There isn’t much else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment