Monday, December 14, 2009

Pita House Restaurant



When my study abroad advisor from Marymount University came to visit us, he took Colin and I out to the Pita House restaurant on Las Ramblas. Here I had my first experience with Spanish tapas. We ordered a deal where you can try 9 different tapas for 55 euro. This place also served giant mugs of beer, so we were feeling pretty good. It was a good experience because I got to eat traditional Spanish food for the first time. I had octopus, sardines and calamari for the first time in my life. If I were back in the United States I would never order these if they were on the menu. It was a very good thing that I got to broaden my taste. The restaurant was very cool because we got to sit out on the tables in the middle of Las Ramblas, which is a huge tourist street that everyone hangs out at. Here you get to see people dressed up in wacky outfits and watch street performers do cool things. It was a good dinner because we got to catch up with Victor (our advisor) and find out how things were going back at our school in the states and how other students were doing while they were studying abroad in different countries at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment